Please note: This only applies to the Cricut Expression and the Expression Cake. The firmware on the Cricut Personal cannot be updated to the level required to link cartridges. Update: The Personal and the Create can now be updated via CCR!!
If you are updating a Cricut other than the Expression (not including the E2, Imagine or Mini) make sure you select the correct model at step 7!
1. Connect your Expression to your computer.
2. Open CCR and login.
3. Hold down the Stop button on the Expression and press the Power button.
4. Release the power button but keep holding down the Stop button. The Expression will beep once. Keep holding down the Stop button until it beeps a second time. (It takes a while)
5. When it has beeped the second time release the Stop button. The Expression will power on.
6. If it has worked correctly you will see this on your CCR screen:
7. Click on the down arrow and select the Expression. Then you'll see this screen:
8. Press the Update button and follow the instructions there (you'll be putting it back in update mode).
9. Follow the onscreen instructions to update your firmware.