If you are clicking on the Login button and nothing is happening, then this post is for you!
In most cases the problem appears to be over zealous anti-virus programs blocking the program.
So far I have been able to find a fix for two of the culprits - Avast anti-virus and F-Secure anti-virus. Read on for the remedy...
If you use a different anti-virus program and are having trouble logging in please email me at email@example.com. Let me know which anti-virus program you are using, and if there's a free or trial version of it I'll download it and see if I can find a fix for you.
First is the fix for Avast anti-virus:
There are two CCR program files that Avast is blocking. You need to add those programs as an exception. Here's how you do that:
1. Close CCR!
2. Left click on the up arrow in the bottom right corner of your screen.
3. Left click on the Avast icon
4. Click on the Real Time Shields Menu, then the Behavior Shield option, then the Expert Settings button
5. Click on the Trusted Processes button then click the Browse button
6. Click on C: drive then Program Files (x86) then click the Open button
7. Select Cricut-Craft Room then click the Open button
8. Select CCRBridge then click the Open button
9. Click the Browse button again
10. Select Cricut-Craft Room then click the Open button
11. Click the OK button
12. Click the X in the top right corner of the Avast box
Now open CCR again and try logging in.
Next is the fix for F-Secure:
1. Open F-Secure by clicking on the F-Secure Icon on your desktop
2. Click the Computer Security button
3. Click the Settings button
4. If you get a User Account Control warning select Yes.
5. Click on the Deep Guard menu then on Open List of Monitored Applications
6. If ccrbridge.exe appears in the list highlight it and click on the Details button
7. In the Permission section click on Allow, then OK.
8. Uncheck the box next to Use Advanced Process Monitoring then press OK, then Close.