Build 179 of CCR was released on October 18. Here are the release notes as posted by PCGena on the Cricut messageboard. (Thanks Gena) :
• Firmware update for Cricut Create® machine allowing standalone use and compatibility with the Cricut Craft Room® design software
• Firmware update for Cricut® Personal Cutter enabling cartridge linking
• Improved Cricut Expression® 2 cartridge detection reliability
• New project layers now add in front of existing layers
• Minor bug fixes and improvements
Great news that the Personal cutter can now link cartridges and that they have fixed the firmware problem with the Create! (Although I haven't tested either...)
Not mentioned above is that there has been an improvement (for some users) of the printing and cutting function for the Imagine!!!! Whilst it doesn't work for me every time, I can at least get it to print and cut most of the time.
What's not there??? The elusive Gypsy linking facility.... sad face....
I'm so looking forward to the day I can post "It's here!!!!"