While it's true that PC haven't released an update for Windows 8, you can still use it on a computer that has that operating system.
And it's very simple...
First make sure you have added CCRBridge.exe and Cricut-Craft Room.exe as exceptions to your anti-virus program as many of these programs are known to block CCR. Then....
- Right click on the CCR icon on your desktop, and select Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Click the Check box next to "Run the program in compatibility mode for" and Select Windows 7 from the drop down box. (If Windows 7 isn't an option, select the next most recent operating system - eg. Vista
- From the "Privilege Level" section click on the check box next to "Run the program as an administrator"
- Press Apply then OK to close the Properties box.