(Note - Other than the first two pictures, these instructions were written before the most recent CCR update. If they're not exactly right, they should be close. I'll be going through and updating as soon as I can).
Go to http://www.cricut.com/craftroom/default.html
To install the Desktop (cutting) version click on either the PC or MAC button (depending on what system you use).
(The instructions from here are for the PC installation)
- Click the Save File button
- Select a destination for the download file and click Open. (I created a sub-directory in my Downloads directory called Cricut Craft Room and save the file there.)
When the installation file has download you may see this box.
- Double click on the Cricut-Craftroom.exe file to start the installation.
If you don't see the above box navigate to the location you saved the installation file to and run it from there.
- Select Run
- Press the Continue button
- Click Yes
The program will commence its installation.
- Once CCR is installed the login screen will appear. Complete the login details and press the Log In button.
- Once you have read the End User Licence Agreement (EULA) click the I Agree button. (If you do not agree to the EULA press Cancel to terminate the installation)
The next step is to select your Cricut machine. (You can change which machine you are using at any time.)
- Click on your machine then press the Continue button
At the next screen you can add Bookmarks for the cartridges that you own. You don't have to bookmark your carts to cut with them nor does this link your carts to your Craft Room a/c. It is simply a way to make it quicker to select your carts from the library when you are designing.
- Click on the carts that you own and press Continue when you are finished. (Use the scroll bar on the right to scroll to the bottom of the list). You can add or remove carts from this list at any time.
And that's it! The next screen you will see is the Start a new Project Screen. Give your new project a name and press the Start button.